Maple Vanilla Protein Fudge

by Sharon on May 29, 2013

Maple Vanilla Protein Fudge-2

There isย  a book by famed trainer to the stars, Bob Harper, called “The Skinny Rules”. I haven’t actually read the book but I have seen his ‘rules’ and one of them includes having protein with your meals and snacks. This is super smart as protein is what keeps you full resulting, hopefully, in eating less.

At least eating less frequently. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am a big believer in this rule and will add proteinย to my smoothies, almond butter with my apples, and chicken with my potatoes.

And now…I’m having protein in my fudge.

Maple Vanilla Protein Fudge-3

This is a simple no bake recipe that really delivers with flavour.

In a large bowl mix together protein powder, coconut flour, coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa powderย and some vanilla and sea salt.

MapleVanillaProteinFudge-001

Give it all a good mash together and press into a glass container.

MapleVanillaProteinFudge-003

MapleVanillaProteinFudge-006

Store this in the fridge to harden while you make the chocolate for the top. To do this melt some dark chocolate chips together with a bit of coconut oil.

MapleVanillaProteinFudge-008

Pour this over theย protein base and return to the fridge for about 15 minutes for the chocolate to set.

Before:

MapleVanillaProteinFudge-009

After:

MapleVanillaProteinFudge-014

I cut this into 6 squares, one of which was immediately stuffed into my face. ๐Ÿ™‚

Maple Vanilla Protein Fudge-4

So good! These little vanilla fudgy squaresย are ideal for a pre-workout snack as they won’t weigh you down but they will keep your motor running.

These are a keeper! Thanks to the Fitnessista for the inspiration. I’ve already made them twice and I see having them in the rotation on a regular basis. In fact, I’m going to make some right now. ๐Ÿ™‚ Bye!

Maple Vanilla Protein Fudge

Serves 6

Maple Vanilla Protein Fudge

• 2 scoops protein powder (I use SunWarrior Vanilla)
  • 2 tbsp coconut flour
  • 2 tbsp almond butter
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil, separated
  • 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

1. In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for the chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of the coconut oil
  2. Mix well and press into a medium sized glass container and store in the fridge
  3. Melt the chocolate and remaining coconut oil in the microwave for about 20 seconds
  4. Stir well and pour over the base of the fudge
  5. Return to the fridge for 15 minutes
  6. Cut into squares and store in the fridge

Adeel April 27, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I would love this but I need to know what the calorie count is for this… ๐Ÿ™ Any ideas?

Sharon April 27, 2014 at 5:51 pm

You could try this link –> http://caloriecount.about.com/ I personally don’t count calories so I’m unsure of it myself. I do have to watch what I eat and would recommend having one or two a day maximum as a snack.

monica July 30, 2014 at 7:52 pm

yum! you can cut the calories by making your own chocolate. super easy.

Sharon July 30, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Thanks so much, Monica! These are super yummy. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lisa S April 29, 2014 at 12:05 pm

How much is 2 scoops of protein powder? That could vary per product. I’d love to know – in Tablespoons?

Sharon April 29, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Hey Lisa! I just use the scoop in the bag. ๐Ÿ™‚ I would estimate 4 tablespoons? I hope you love these! They’re a favourite if mine.

Lisa S April 29, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Ok, thank you!

Marilena July 30, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Wow, this is just awsome! Thank you so much! I just use Sweet Lupine Flour instead of Protein Powder! Greetings from Germany! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sharon July 30, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Thanks so much Marliena! I love that you are reading from Germany. Are you from there or did you move there? It’s one of my favourite countries and I rooted for Germany in the World Cup! Congrats on the win. ๐Ÿ™‚

Marilena August 13, 2014 at 11:06 am

You’re welcome! I was born here and I’m living here ever since. I found your blog via Finding Vegan in Facebook! ๐Ÿ™‚ So glad to find your blog! ๐Ÿ™‚ hahaha, thank you! Yes, it was a great present to win the World Cup!
I am looking forward to your new recips! ๐Ÿ™‚ A big hug from near Frankfurt! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sharon August 13, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Hugs from Canada! Danke danke danke! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kacee Ezzy July 30, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Hi. I was wondering if almond butter is the same as almond spread?
It’s the only thing I can find that’s close to it in woolworths.

Sharon July 30, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Hey Kacee! I’m not familiar with almond spread but it sounds like it may work. If not, peanut butter works terrifically.

Vanessa @ VeganFamilyRecipes July 30, 2014 at 4:57 pm

These are great. I love anything with sunwarrior protein powder ๐Ÿ™‚ Do you think unsweetened or natural protein powder would work for this as well? Would you add more sugar then?

Sharon July 30, 2014 at 11:19 pm

I don’t see why not. Maybe add a touch more sugar, like a tablespoon or so. They don’t need to taste super sweet because of the chocolate on top. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks Vanessa!

Tracy August 28, 2014 at 4:04 pm

These look great. I’ve been wanting to find an easy recipe for a snack bar w/ some added protein to carry around. I’m beginning a yoga teacher training course, and will be going from work some nights. I may try this over the weekend. Thanks.

Sharon August 28, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I have to say, they are pretty great. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m actually making a batch for my boss this weekend!

Pat February 11, 2015 at 2:09 am

I see sea salt mentioned at the start of the recipe, but then not where the actual amounts are. How much should you add? (I made it without, and it was still yummy!)

]

Sharon February 11, 2015 at 9:54 am

Hi Pat! Good eye. ๐Ÿ™‚ I usually just toss in a pinch to pop the flavours together. I’ll add that into the recipe. Happy to hear you loved it with or without salt. ๐Ÿ™‚

Barbara April 23, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Is there something I could use to substitute for the coconut palm sugar? I live in a rural area and can’t find this. If so, how much?

Can’t wait to try these.

Sharon April 23, 2016 at 4:14 pm

An unrefined sugar is best. You could try an organic cane sugar?

Barbara November 3, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Hi, found some coconut palm brown sugar. If I used that, would I still need the maple syrup, or just use less of the syrup? Thanks for a great recipe.

Sharon November 4, 2016 at 11:26 am