I’m doing something a little different today with a review of an e-cookbook by a fellow whole foods blogger and holistic nutritionist Jesse Lane from jesselanewellness.com.
I had the pleasure of meeting Jesse at an event last year and she was so friendly with a radiant smile and all of the beautiful effects of a healthy lifestyle.
I took at the opportunity to check out her e-cookbook, Healthy Dairy Free Desserts, and try out a few of the recipes. Of course, I jumped at the chance to make cookies and Jesse was gracious enough to let me share one of the cookie recipes with you guys! I told you she was nice. 😉
This recipe is for Almond Coconut Chip Cookies. Gluten Free, Dairy Free and totally delicious. It was nice to just follow along with a recipe for a change considering I’m usually developing and adapting my own.
I’m wholeheartedly recommending Jesse’s Healthy Dairy Free Desserts e-cookbook. We all like to indulge and Jesse’s book shows us how to do so in a healthful and allergen friendly way. It’s also nice to support small businesses and real individuals like Jesse, right? Right.
Try out the recipe below and click this link to purchase the e-book.
Jesse Lane Wellness Cookbook: Healthy Dairy Free Desserts contains recipes for everyone and has symbols so it is easy to see which recipes fall into which categories.
- All of the recipes are dairy free, soy free, & vegetarian
- 26 of the recipes are gluten free
- 17 of the recipes are vegan
- 17 of the recipes are paleo
- 12 of the recipes are sugar-free
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup chopped dairy free chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, salt, coconut sugar and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in colour and doubled in volume
- Whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla, then add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet with 1-1/2 inch space in between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit
- Bake until edges begin to brown, 7-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving
Jesse Lane Wellness is a space for you to get excited about your wellness journey and share your struggles and achievements with like-minded people going through similar experiences. She would love to connect with you on Facebook or Instagram, you can reach her at @jesselwellness. Whenever you make one of her recipes, take a picture, tag and use the hashtag #JesseLaneWellness!