Greek food is always synonymous with aromatic, healthy meals with tangy dressings. Fresh herbs chopped over everything. I love it. To lighten things up a bit (and also get a few probiotics while we’re at it) I switch out the heavier sour creams with organic Greek yogurt. Full fat. No fooling around. 😉
The best thing about this recipe is that it is your protein and salad/side dish all in one fell swoop. Boom!
Measure out and stir together your marinade/dressing. I used chopped dill, lots of minced garlic, fresh lemon and zest. It smelled like a garden.
Pour 3/4 of it over your chicken and pop into the fridge to marinate. Thirty minutes is all you need. Meanwhile, slice up some hydrating cucumbers and some crunchy red onion. Stir it together with the remaining 1/4 of the Greek yogurt. Pop that in the fridge too.
You could grill this chicken if you have BBQ access. I don’t so it’s the oven baked routine for me. I also popped in a couple of bakers to pair up with dinner (and an extra potato for a great dish I’m working on for later next week!).
This chicken tasted tender and delicious. The lemon really shined through and made it feel like spring. I especially love the dill flavour. Dill is such a fun seasoning to work with. I love it in tuna as well.
This meal, including fresh cucumber salad and baked potato, was on the table in 1.5 hours and really 45 minutes of that is baking time where you could be doing the dishes, ooorrr, how about relaxing by
wasting time perusing boards on Pinterest while your grateful loved one does the dishes. <— I recommend this one! 🙂
Whip this up for a day off meal, maybe even do a few extra pieces of chicken to use up later in the week. This marinade would make for a killer avocado chicken salad sandwich.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper in a mixing bowl. Add the juice and zest of the lemon. Stir well. Add in the dill and stir again. Pour ¾ of the mixture into a medium glass casserole dish with lid and reserve the rest in the bowl
- Add the chicken to the dish, season with sea salt & pepper and flip it over a few times until it is well coated with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Add the sliced cucumber and red onion to the mixing bowl with the remaining yogurt mixture, stir well, cover and store in the fridge
- Scrub the potatoes and rub with olive oil
- Bake the chicken and potato in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until cooked through