Alright, so here we go on project “How do you #Herbamere!?”If you’re not familiar with these A. Vogel products, let me introduce you. Herbamere is a line of sea salt that contain herbs, vegetables , and spices that enhances the flavour. It’s a great way to season your cooking.
I was chosen, along with a great group of Canadian food bloggers, to participate in a blogger program showcasing these great products . I have three great recipes in the chamber featuring the varieties of Herbamere to share with you and if you follow #Herbamere on your social media, you can check out all of the other amazing recipes from the talented group of bloggers involved.
Let’s do this!
First up, something zesty!
I was drawn to the ‘Zesty’ flavoured herbamere which is a blend of sea salt with celery, chives, chili peppers, garlic and more. I wanted to create something spicy that would also make a great appetizer to share during something like, say, the World Cup that starts in a couple of weeks? Summer BBQ get-togethers? I know that with the warmer weather comes all the of the gatherings of friends and family, in the back yard, sharing food. Why not spice things up a bit to go along with those chips?
Hello Chipotle Black Bean Dip!
Blitz everything in your food processor and pour into a baking dish.
Like I said. Easy. 😉
Smother with cheese. I used a blend of the cheeses I had in the fridge. Parm and marble. I grated it and sprinkled some chili flakes on it to spice it up even further. I loooove cheese.
Still with me? 🙂
Bake it up and sprinkle with gorgeous fresh cilantro.
We went. to. town on these. Delicious, spicy, cheesy, packed with “zesty’ flavours. Loved.
I even found an arrow shaped chip!
I may or may not have pointed at my dish and said “This way to good bean dip!” and then I may or may not have laughed at my own joke. I should have added corn! Get it? Corny? I’ll stop now …
Just look at this chip and we’ll talk after you’ve made and demolished your own batch.
- 100 g cream cheese softened (I used ½ a 200g package)
- 1 398 ml can black beans rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ lime juiced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro plus 2-3 tbsp for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ‘Zesty’ Herbamere
- 1 ½ cups cheese I used ¾ cup parmesan and ¾ cup marble cheese grated and tossed with 2 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a baking dish (a pie plate or 9x9 would work well)
- Combine all ingredients except for the cheese in a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and top with the spiced and grated cheese
- Bake for 15-20 minutes then under the broiler until bubbly and browned
- Top with extra cilantro