White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Have you ever had the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies from Subway? This is a copycat of those soft and chewy bakery style macadamia nut cookies only this easy recipe is a healthy version that is gluten free, egg free, and vegan!
I can’t wait to share this macadamia nut cookie recipe with you! With holidays rapidly approaching it is always a good thing to have a batch of cookies baking just in case. It’s the right thing to do. 😉
Ingredients for gluten free and vegan cookies:
Let’s get started! This is what you will need to make these macadamia cookies:
- almond flour
- baking powder
- sea salt
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- white chocolate chips
- macadamia nuts
When I was shopping for the ingredients for testing this recipe I got most of my supplies at Costco. They have almost everything I need for pantry supplies like almond flour, nuts, coconut oil, maple syrup, etc. They even had macadamia nuts but I decided to pass on them They were $25 dollars and I figured I didn’t need that many macadamia nuts. I planned to buy them from the bulk section at Whole Foods. That was a mistake, folks.
Do you know what is the most expensive nut in the world? It’s macadamia nuts and the ones at Whole Foods are really expensive. I won’t even tell you what I paid for 1 cup of these extravagant nuts because I still have sticker shock.
Why are macadamia nuts so expensive? Apparently, it takes macadamia trees forever to bear fruit. I am talking seven to ten years! And then they must be harvested by hand making the whole process even more costly.
How to make this recipe – Step by step
Stir together the almond flour with baking powder and sea salt.
Then pour in the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla and stir again. This mixture will turn into a nice cookie dough.
So what flavours go well with macadamia nuts? Creamy, sweet white chocolate is synonymous with macadamia nuts. They are two peas in a pod! Stir the nuts and chocolate into your almond flour dough.
Once your add-ins are incorporated into the dough it is time to scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto your cookie sheet.
TIP! This dough won’t spread when it is baking so be sure to flatten them out evenly and shape the dough into round cookies.
Bake these for ten to twelve minutes, rotating your baking sheet halfway through.
TIP! Be careful not to overbake these. The almond flour tends to look a little pale on top but the bottoms are the key. I gingerly check the bottom of the cookies after ten minutes to see if they have browned. They are fragile so be super cautious!
Once they have baked let them cool in the pan for ten minutes to firm up. As I said earlier they are pretty fragile while they are hot.
Look at those golden bottoms! These white chocolate cookies with macadamia nuts are DELICIOUS when they are freshly baked. Soft and chewy bakery style goodies right in your own kitchen.
These beauties are just like Subway only healthier, homemade, and quite honestly just much, much better.
You will be sinking your teeth into these yummy cookies, trust me! They are a fabulous cookie recipe for guests also because they are gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, egg free, vegan, you name it! Those who have allergies or dietary restrictions will thank you.
Everyone can enjoy these White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies.
More healthy cookie recipes:
- Quinoa Flour Cookies
- Sugar Free Date Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies – Gluten Free & Vegan
- Gluten Free Thumbprint Cookies – Vegan
- No Bake Chocolate Coconut Cookies – Vegan & Gluten Free
**This recipe was originally posted on December 3, 2020. Updated June 14, 2021, with recipe notes, writing, and photos.**
If you’ve tried my recipe for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, please rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out by leaving me a comment below. I’m always interested in feedback!
Be sure to follow me on social media! I love pinning to Pinterest, sharing on Facebook, and posting pics on Instagram. See you there. 🙂
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, sliced in half
- Turn your oven on and set it to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Pour in the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla and stir again until the mixture forms a dough.
- Add the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and stir until they are well distributed throughout the mixture.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto the lined baking sheet and form them into cookies – this batter will not spread so be sure to flatten them evenly and form them into cookies – I place five rows of four cookies on my baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through. Be sure not to over bake them! Carefully check the bottom of the cookies at 10 minutes to see if they have browned. They are fragile so take care!
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes to firm up (remember they are fragile right out of the oven) then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container.
- TIP! Be careful not to overbake these. The almond flour tends to look a little pale on top but the bottoms are the key. I gingerly check the bottom of the cookies after ten minutes to see if they have browned. They are fragile so be super cautious!
- Once they have baked let them cool in the pan for ten minutes to firm up. As I said earlier they are pretty fragile while they are hot.