This Chicken Burrito Bowl is a healthy, homemade version of the popular Chipotle dish. Light, crisp, and bursting with fresh, natural flavor.
OK, so after I share this ah-mazing Chili Lime Chicken Burrito Bowl, I swear I will put a cap on Chipotle’s copycat recipes for a while. I went on such a Mexican food kick, what with all of the delicious fresh flavors and all, but I’m sure it will start to get boring and you guys like a bit of variety, I’m sure.
But, for now, indulge me one last time with this super yummy Burrito Bowl.
Can’t get enough copycat recipes? Recreate this Chicken Salad Chick Recipe from a popular restaurant chain in the US.
This meal is a combination of three Honour System recipes rolled into one. What a group effort! 😉
The base was my new favorite side dish –> Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
Followed by —> the popular Chili Lime Chicken. This was from a-waaay back in 2013 and I’ve been making this chicken for years before that. Great hot, cold, and in everything. Especially in this Burrito Bowl. Boom.
Next up, some salsa. Can you believe I don’t have a salsa recipe on the Honour System? Confession time. I’ve never made salsa. Never. I buy Herdez salsa at Whole Foods and have forever. Perhaps it’s time for a new copycat recipe?
Dollops of guac top the salsa. You pay extra for guac at Chipotles. I used my Easy Guacamole for One and it topped all four bowls.
Shred some romaine and sprinkle on a bit o’ cheese and you have yourself dinner.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken Burrito Brown Rice Bowl – Gluten Free Recipe
- Pop the chicken in the oven to cook, if you don’t already have cooked chicken
- Meanwhile, make the guac , and toss it in the fridge. Also, while the chicken cooks, you can make the cilantro rice.
- Get your toppings assembled: grate cheese, shred lettuce, spoon out a bowl of salsa, etc.
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- I layer my plates/bowls in this order: rice, beans, chicken, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, cheese