Add the taste of the tropics to your snacking! These Coconut & Lime Roasted Almonds will have you reaching for that cerveza. Vegan & Gluten Free!
Nothing is easier/quicker that a batch of roasted almonds and I like to switch things up from sweet to savoury.
These little lovelies are somewhere in the middle. Creamy coconut and fresh lime combine to make your almonds a tropical delight.
“Put the lime in the coconut and steeer ’em both up” 😉
Anyone remember that song?
It was on the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack from back in the day and I would listen to it all . the . time . I loved that soundtrack. And the movie for that matter. It’s a pretty crazy and violent film but still so cool.
I’m a fan of a lot Quentin Tarrantino movies actually. When I saw Pulp Fiction it was the first time I’d been to a movie where the audience applauded after.
So . cool .
I wonder if Mr. Blonde or Vincent Vega would enjoy these roasted almonds?
But, I digress. 🙂
COCONUT & LIME ROASTED ALMONDS
Like I said, these are super easy.
Stir your almonds, some fresh lime juice and for the coconut component I added a trio of sweet goodness: coconut oil, coconut sugar and of course some shredded coconut for a little texture.
Off they go to get toasty in the good old oven.
Make sure you give them a stir around halfway through to avoid hot spots.
Out they come looking fabulous. The one caveat for roasted almonds is having to wait the hour for them to cool off. Don’t skip this step. Trust. Almonds right out of the oven taste soggy and gross.
We want good, right? Right.
MORE ROASTED ALMOND RECIPES:
*Originally posted September 26, 2014. March 27, 2019*
Add the taste of the tropics to your snacking! These Coconut & Lime Roasted Almonds will have you reaching for that cerveza. Vegan & Gluten Free.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice about 1 lime
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium size bowl, mix everything together and toss until almonds are well coated
- Spread almonds out in a single layer on your lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring them around at about the half way mark
- Remove from oven and cool for an hour before storing them in an airtight jar