These No Bake Granola Bars are naturally sweetened and packed with chia, sesame and pumpkin seeds. Keep a batch on hand for an afternoon boost or an evening treat.
The time has come.
Time to share my most prized, tried and true recipe.
The recipe I have made more than any other.
If you know me (or sometimes even if you don’t) chances are I have made these for you.
This No Bake Granola bar recipe is one that I make for friends and family as gifts at Christmas. I travel with a batch of them. They are requested by all who have tried them and now I will share it with all of you. 🙂
NO BAKE GRANOLA BARS
It is an easy to follow recipe, with attainable, healthy ingredients that can be found at any grocery or bulk food store.
Are you ready?
Here we go!
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE GRANOLA BARS
In a large bowl combine oats, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds and unsweetened shredded coconut and stir.
In a small saucepan over medium low heat stir together the almond butter, brown rice syrup and vanilla.
Keep stirring to make sure it doesn’t burn.
You want it to become liquidy.
Pour it over the dry ingredients and stir well.
You will need to use some elbow grease. That was a favourite term of my dad’s for really working hard.
I still am not really sure what the correlation is between giving something a good go and a greasy elbow but, I digress…
Once the mixture is well combined transfer it to a parchment lined baking sheet and press into a rectangle shape with your hands.
These will harden at room temperature in about 15 minutes and then can be cut into bars.
Store them in a sealed container in the fridge.
I hope you love these easy no bake granola bars as much as I do. 🙂 If you want a chocolate version check these out!
MORE HEALTHY NO BAKE SNACKS:
*Originally posted June 3, 2014. Updated November 2, 2018*
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These No Bake Granola Bars are naturally sweetened and packed with chia, sesame and pumpkin seeds. Gluten free and vegan recipe!
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, stir together the brown rice syrup, almond butter and vanilla. Keep stirring constantly to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Once the mixture is quite liquidly, about 3 minutes, pour over dry ingredients and stir well.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment lined baking sheet and shape into a rectangle shape with your fingers.
- Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, then cut into squares.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.