Healthy Blueberry Pancakes
What better breakfast is there than clean eating Healthy Blueberry Pancakes? You can use either fresh summer blueberries or frozen. Both work well in this easy blueberry pancakes recipe! Gluten-free oatmeal is substituted in place of flour which is the BEST news for wheat allergies.
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
I simply love healthy pancakes. They are perfect to enjoy on a weekend when you have extra time to savor your breakfast along with a warm cup of coffee or tea.
This healthy blueberry pancake recipe is made using oatmeal. Is oatmeal healthier than flour? In my opinion, yes. The oats are freshly ground along with the rest of the ingredients and are certified gluten-free. Many people have wheat allergies and using the makes this recipe celiac friendly.
Another benefit of using oats is less bloat! Oats are much lighter than white flour making these low-calorie blueberry pancakes guilt-free.
Be aware this recipe isn’t for mile-high cakey pancakes. They are thin and crispy blueberry pancakes. The bursts of fruit juice are the best.
If you are wondering about adding blueberries to the pancake mix, it’s always best to wait until the batter is in the pan and then sprinkle the berries on top.
Use as many or as few as you desire!
ARE PANCAKES HEALTHY?
Are pancakes healthy? Yes, they are! 😉 It all depends on your ingredients and toppings.
It is about choice and YOU have the power. 🙂
So what is in these healthy banana blueberry pancakes batter?
- oats ( use certified gluten-free for wheat allergies )
- ripe banana
- baking powder
- maple syrup
Healthy toppings to put on pancakes:
- fresh berries
- pure maple syrup
- nut butter
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- dark chocolate chips
- sugar-free jam ( or try this homemade raspberry chia jam! SO easy )
MORE HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES:
Sweet Potato Toast with Eggs and Avocado
Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
Be sure to follow me on social media! I love pinning to Pinterest, sharing on Facebook, and posting pics to Instagram. See you there. 🙂
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Healthy Blueberry Pancakes
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt plain
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Add all the ingredients except for the blueberries to your blender. I use a nutribullet! Blend until smooth and set aside to thicken.
- Set a large non-stick skillet over medium low heat and spray with cooking spray (or melt some butter until foamy).
- Use the 1/4 cup to pour batter onto the heated skillet - I do two at a time - and sprinkle blueberries on top. Once bubbles appear on the top flip the pancakes and cook until golden on the bottom.
- Transfer cooked cakes to plate, wipe out the pan, spray it again, and repeat with the rest of the batter, two at a time.
- Makes 6 pancakes.