This recipe for Sweet Potato Hash and Eggs is just too good to regulate to only breakfast. It is a satisfying, gluten free meal that can be enjoyed at any time of day!
Can you believe it’s the home stretch of my detox?
I feel so great and am really proud of myself for sticking with it.
I’ve been working on a post of my best tips for you so stay tuned for that. 🙂
Today’s healthy sweet potato hash is a special favourite of ours.
SWEET POTATO HASH WITH EGGS
I say ‘ours’ because even though Joe is not actively participating, (and by that I mean he’s eating cheese and drinking coffee. Damn him! ) he is eating meals that I’m preparing, like the Detox Soup and the smoothies.
He’s also eating more than his share of my detox snack like this Sugar Free Granola, for instance.
Eat your cheese, buddy. 😉
But, I digress …
This particular Sweet Potato and Egg dinner or breakfast is one to remember. The beauty of it is that it can be enjoyed for any meal.
Have some time on a weekend morning and feel like a fancy breakfast? This sweet potato egg skillet is great.
Maybe it’s a cold, stark winter evening and you need some warm, comfort food to heat you up. This was the case for us and it was fabulously good.
Veggies this bright in colour can only mean good things, right?
The eggs make this dish.
We love them fried in olive oil with a touch of sea salt.
When I make my eggs I leave the yolks a little runny. As a result, you can sop it up with the sweet potatoes.
Great, filling and non-detox tasting, if you know what I mean. 😉
DETOX MENU FOR THE LAST TWO DAYS:
lemon H2O with cayenne
lemon basil chicken salad
sugar free banana bread (recipe coming Friday!)
sugar free banana bread x 4 ( yes 4! I blame PMS)
lemon H2O with cayenne
sweet potato hash & eggs
almonds x 2
*As always, I’m drinking at least ten cups of water/herbal teas daily
*I’m also back on grains a bit as I had brown rice in my salad. No reaction, thankfully.
As you can see that Sugar Free Banana Bread is the detox bomb! Stay tuned for that recipe on Friday.
Meanwhile, enjoy your comfort food. 🙂
MORE HEALTHY DETOX RECIPES:
Originally posted January 7, 2015. Updated September 12, 2019
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I recommended using a non toxic skillet for a this recipe.
Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment/foil
- Toss the cubed sweet potato with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until well coated then add chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt & pepper and stir well
- Transfer potatoes to the lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stir the potatoes around to check for any hot spots and put back in the oven for another 15-20. Set the pan aside
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions and peppers until soft, about 7-9 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook, stirring for another 1-2 minutes
- Lower the heat to medium low and transfer the potatoes form the baking sheet to the skillet and stir
- In a separate skillet, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the eggs to your liking. We preferred a slightly runny yolk
- Plate your potato hash, sprinkle with fresh parsley and top with fried eggs