This gluten free Instant Pot Beef Chili will give you that “cooked-all-day” flavour in under 30 minutes! This is an easy recipe for beginners to the Instant Pot with very few steps to follow. Just throw together a salad and prep your toppings while the pressure cooker does it’s thing. Healthy, family approved dinner is served.
Chili is one of those ‘stick to your ribs’ type meals, ideal for feeding a crowd or stocking your freezer with leftovers.
What makes this Instant Pot Beef Chili stand out from your traditional recipes is how quick and easy it is.
No babysitting a simmering pot all day and you just might save a few bucks on your energy bill at the end of the month, too!
Using an Instant Pot for these meals cuts down on time significantly.
Instant Pot Beef Chili
I used simple ingredients and spices to make this recipe a base from you to work from.
This is a classic chili with a medium amount of heat.
Using beans that I had in the freezer made this a pretty frugal recipe also. I’ve never been a ‘make your own beans’ kinda gal until the IP came along either.
Don’t laugh, but I think Joe may be a bit jealous of the Instant Pot.
He certainly isn’t as keen as me that’s for sure. Although, he did enjoy this chili. More than once. 😉
My intentions today was to share a low carb cheese cracker recipe I’ve been working on, but it still isn’t quite exactly ready for posting yet, hence another Instant Pot recipe.
Luckily, it’s pretty wintery outside still and warming meals like chili are still in the rotation, so I don’t feel that bad about bombarding you with IP concoctions.
Plus, it’s still my favourite shiny toy.
I’m currently sipping tea and watching the Oscar red carpet.
I’ll probably fall asleep by the time the big awards get handed out but I do love watching the fashion and this year has had some beautiful gowns. I loved Kirsten Dunst, Emma Stone & Nicole Kidman styles just to name a few.
Back to those low carb crackers tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoy this protein packed Instant Pot Beef Chili!
Looking for more healthy Instant Pot recipes?
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups beef broth
- 6 cups cooked beans I used 3 cups black beans, 3 cups kidney beans or 4 14 oz. cans of beans, drained
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- sliced avocado sour cream, grated cheese, cilantro, green onions
- Set IP to low sauté and add in the oil. Once it's warmed add in the diced onion and season with sea salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for one more minute, then add the spices and stir for another minute, toasting the seasonings.
- Add in the beef and break it apart. Season again, liberally, with sea salt and pepper (I use about 1/2 tbsp. sea salt). Stir the onion mixture and beef together and cook until no pink remains, stirring every so often.
- Add in the broth, beans and crushed tomatoes. Give everything a last stir
- Turn off the sauté. Lock the lid in place and seal the pressure valve. Press Manual and set for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for ten minutes, then carefully release the remaining pressure and enjoy.