I’m so excited and honoured to be part of the North Coast Naturals team of bloggers so naturally when I was asked to do a guest post for their website I was all over it.
So what to make? Which one of their natural, healthy, organic products should I feature?
In my opinion, one can never have too many energy ball recipes in their repertoire so, balls it is! This one in particular is an absolute keeper.
One of my favourite sources of energy is hemp seeds. They are not only super nutritious by being packed with protein and healthy fats; they also taste so good with a slightly nutty flavour and great texture. I like to add them to smoothies, sprinkle them on my cereal and now I’ve made them into these amazing tasting energy balls.
Nothing beats an easy measure and stir recipe. No baking involved, just roll these babies out and pop them in the freezer to set.
Avoiding gluten? No problem! Look for certified gluten free oats and you’re in business. Vegan? Swap out the honey for maple syrup and you’re good to go.
To amp up the fibre I added some of North Coast Natural’s Ultimate Daily Cleanse. Pairing it with the protein packed goodness of their Raw Hemp Seeds makes for a guilt free, delicious treat for the whole family.
- 1 cup quick oats (certified gluten free if required)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey (if vegan, use maple syrup)
- ¼ cup raw hemp seeds
- ¼ cup Ultimate Daily Cleanse (or ground flax)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Stir all ingredients together well
- Roll into golf ball sized balls, wetting hands a bit to get a smooth texture
- Pop into the freezer for 10-20 minutes to set and store them in a sealed container in the fridge