So now that the cat is officially out of the bag about our big move, I can finally vent about all things packing, selling, donating and all around moving stress. I’ve moved a few times in my life but this is by far the biggest one to date.
When I moved here from Victoria I was twenty-two. My possessions consisted of a bed, a coffee table and a dining room set, along with photo albums and clothes. My friend Monica, who was moving into the apartment I was leaving, bought the bed and coffee table and a girl from work bought my coffee table. Done and dusted.
When Joe and I moved to Prague, I had about the same amount of stuff. This time it was the bed, a loveseat and a coffee table. Oh, I also had a papasan chair. Remember those? The rattan, bowl like chair you could buy at Pier One? They were so impractical and not good after you’d had a few drinks. . You could so easily fall right out.
We’ve moved a couple more times after that, nothing major, but this one? Phew. There has been a lot to do. We have amassed a lot of stuff. Over 300 books! Can you believe it? Our local Salvation Army is now the proud owner of a really kick-ass book collection. 😉
I’m happy we’ve managed to be a great team throughout and now that we are in the home stretch, we can finally start feeling excited that the day is almost here.
So onto the Crispy Parmesan Baked Chicken Nuggets. Keeping things simple in the kitchen has been key while organizing the move. I also was not feeling like being super adventurous or presenting Joe with some non man friendly quinoa, veggie loaded dish, so chicken and cheese it was! If you’re ever in a pinch for something yummy, just melt cheese on it.
Cure all of the century. 😉
These nuggets were crispy, cheesy deliciousness. Paired up with a big, fresh salad ( dressing recipe to follow! ) it was just what the moving doctor ordered. You could serve it up with some marinara sauce or even a Dijon mustard for dipping. Family friendly and quick to throw together.
I also tossed the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge and ate them cold the next day. Amazing. I have no words for how much I enjoyed the cold, salty bites. Does anyone else remember having cold KFC? This was reminiscent of that, only better. Give these little nuggets a try.
Happy Friday, everyone! Have a great weekend. 🙂
- 2 small chicken breasts cut into even strips
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 and line 2 baking sheets with parchment and lightly oil them
- Set up your breading station. Have your chicken ( I just left mine on the cutting board I used when I sliced it into strips ), then the whisked eggs in a bowl, then the shredded parm on a plate. Dip the chicken in the egg, then coat both sides with parmesan, then transfer it to the lined baking sheet. Keep the pieces spaced out and not touching
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, until the bottom has browned, then flip over and bake for another 7-8. Check for pink inside the biggest piece to ensure your chicken is cooked through
- Serve with salad