Peanut Butter Granola – Vegan & Gluten Free
This Peanut Butter Granola is easy, healthy and ready in thirty minutes! This recipe is vegan, uses gluten free oats, and is free of refined sugars. Only 6 ingredients!
Peanut Butter is kind of my trademark.
Growing up I was the queen of peanut butter toast. My brother used to make fun of me because I would always leave my knife across the open jar of peanut butter, ready for action.
In our teens (we are two years apart. I’m the baby ), after our Mom passed away, toast was on the menu for breakfast and also again for dinner more nights than not. My Dad was not much of a cook and also worked shifts, so we were on our own for most meals.
If I didn’t go out for a bite with friends it was usually toast for dinner.
Mr. Noodles with toast if we were getting fancy. 😉
PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA
We’ve come a long way, baby!
There was usually more than one round of toast going on so, I would leave my knife sitting on the peanut butter for round two and for some reason, my brother always thought that was so funny.
It’s interesting what you remember, isn’t it?
Anyway, I had a few of cups of oats I wanted to use up.
Since I’ve been eating less grains lately, the ends of a bag of oats had been sitting for awhile and were on the verge of going stale.
I was craving something peanut buttery, so Peanut Butter Granola it was.
WHAT GOES IN PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA
This is all you need for delicious homemade granola:
- oats (gluten free if necessary)
- peanut butter
- maple syrup
- coconut sugar
- coconut oil
- sea salt
This recipe is really easy to throw together and super delicious.
I went to TOWN on this granola. Yum city. 🙂
It made me want to share it with my brother! I look forward to living closer to my family one day so I can actually cook for them! Things have really improved from peanut butter toast.
Have a great weekend, folks.
MORE HEALTHY HOMEMADE GRANOLA RECIPES:
Detox Sugar Free | Grain Free Granola
Originally posted July 17, 2015. Updated October 6, 2019
Be sure to follow me on social media! I love pinning to Pinterest, sharing on Facebook and posting pics to Instagram. See you there. 🙂
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I use non toxic ceramic cookware.
Peanut Butter Granola - Gluten Free
- 2 cups quick oats use certified gluten free if you need to
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I used a natural chunky variety
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 325, line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside
- In a medium sized sauce pan over medium low heat, melt together the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, coconut oil and sea salt. Stir often. It should be silky-ish. Takes about 2-3 minutes
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats, one cup at a time. Stir until well combined then spread evenly onto your lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes to make sure nothing burns
- Let cool for 10 minutes then break it into pieces. Store covered for up to a week