I’ve pretty sure I’ve said it before that I really love rosemary. It’s so aromatic and distinctive. If you use the fresh stuff, you really don’t need anything else. A little sea salt and pepper and off you go.
That was the idea with this quick and simple, one pan meal. For me it was especially easy because I already had a batch of my roasted garlic oil in the cupboard. Regular olive oil works too. Totally use what you have to keep this easy peasy.
First, I chopped up the peppers and some red onion. After chopping, I transferred them to the pan I’ll be using for this recipe. A few smashed garlic cloves that will get all roasty toasty also were added. I scrubbed up some potatoes and chopped ’em into quarters. Because I use organic potatoes, I left the skins on. Love that fibre!
Try to keep them uniform in size so they all roast evenly. Off they go into the pan.
I cut three chicken breasts into strips and placed them into the same pan. I tossed the whole lot with the above mentioned garlic oil, salt, pepper, and of course, fresh rosemary. I rubbed everything well and really massaged the oil into my pan full off veggies and chicken.
Off it went into the oven to roast. Give it a good stir every ten minutes or so. Not just to make sure nothing is burning but to get a beautiful whiff of the roasting rosemary. Inhale deeply. It’s so energizing!
I’ve been thinking about some New Year’s goals to set and I really think actually planting a small herb garden needs to happen. I get a ridiculous amount of joy from fresh herbs. We’ll see, I guess. I do want to be a person who gardens.
In the meantime, I’ll enjoy dishes like this one. 😉
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pepper cut into strips (I used ½ red, ½ green)
- ½ medium red onion cut into strips
- 4 medium potatoes scrubbed and cut into 8 wedges each
- 6 cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
- 3 chicken breasts cut into even strips
- 4 tbsp rosemary infused olive oil or just olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary chopped
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 375 and line a baking pan (I used 9x13) with parchment
- Chop all your veggies and the chicken and place them in the baking pan
- Cover with the garlic oil, sea salt and pepper (I was pretty liberal with both) and the fresh rosemary
- Roast for 45 minutes, until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through. Stirring every 10-12 minutes, to make sure nothing is burning
- Serve warm