Why not spin the popular snack into a full-on meal? This Trail Mix Salad features fruit and nuts mixed with whole grains and a lovely, fresh dressing. Super portable making it great for packing to school, work, or on hikes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We love that this recipe is vegan and gluten-free and packed with all the things you love about trail mix – minus the chocolate chips of course.
Cold rice salads are awesome for the summer. You have to try this Italian rice salad too! It’s perfect for a summer BBQ.
If you want to get in touch with your inner bohemian, try this Trail Mix Salad.
It’s a light dinner option, that just like its name suggests, is great for on the road to travel with you to work or school, just like regular Trail Mix.
The usual suspect like dried fruit, and nuts, only instead of chocolate chips, because that would be weird, I tossed in some chopped veggies and cooked brown rice.
A little homemade mustard & lemon vinaigrette work perfectly.
Mine kept in the fridge for a full week and I loved digging into it when I was ready for lunch.
I even noshed away on a small bowl as a snack one night.
While I watched The Walking Dead.
Can anyone explain this?
MORE GLUTEN FREE SALAD RECIPES
*Originally posted March 30, 2015. Updated April 30, 2019*
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Trail Mix Salad – Vegan & Gluten Free
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 1/2 cup dried fruit I used 1/4 cup each dried cranberries & dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt & fresh pepper to taste
- Cook the brown rice. I use –> this method
- Meanwhile in a small jar, add all of the dressing ingredients, shake and set aside
- Stir together the remaining ingredient in a large mixing bowl
- Drain the rice and rinse well with cold water
- Stir the rice with the nuts mixture. Shake the dressing again and pour over the rice mixture
- Stir really well and serve