I’m always on the hunt for snacks with staying power and FLAVOR. This recipe for Maple Vanilla Protein Fudge has both in spades! Vegan and gluten free also. Win win!!
There is a book by famed trainer to the stars, Bob Harper, called “The Skinny Rules”. I haven’t actually read the book but I have seen his ‘rules’ and one of them includes having protein with your meals and snacks. This is super smart as protein is what keeps you full resulting, hopefully, in eating less.
At least eating less frequently. 😉
And now…I’m having protein in my fudge.
Maple Vanilla Protein Fudge
This is a simple no bake recipe that really delivers with flavour.
In a large bowl mix together protein powder, coconut flour, coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder and some vanilla and sea salt.
Give it all a good mash together and press into a glass container.
Store this in the fridge to harden while you make the chocolate for the top.
To do this melt some dark chocolate chips together with a bit of coconut oil.
Pour this over the protein base and return to the fridge for about 15 minutes for the chocolate to set.
I cut this into 6 squares, one of which was immediately stuffed into my face. 🙂
So good! These little vanilla fudgy squares are ideal for a pre-workout snack as they won’t weigh you down but they will keep your motor running.
These are a keeper! Thanks to the Fitnessista for the inspiration. I’ve already made them twice and I see having them in the rotation on a regular basis. In fact, I’m going to make some right now. 🙂
Looking for more protein based snacks?
- 2 scoops protein powder I use SunWarrior Vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil separated
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for the chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of the coconut oil
- Mix well and press into a medium sized glass container and store in the fridge
- Melt the chocolate and remaining coconut oil in the microwave for about 20 seconds
- Stir well and pour over the base of the fudge
- Return to the fridge for 15 minutes
- Cut into squares and store in the fridge