When I took on the Whole 30 I became the master of chicken salads. With my ‘sky’s the limit’ mentality for healthy fats, I took total advantage and made Homemade Mayo. Then I made Curried Chicken Salad out of that mayo. Then I ate all . of . the . mayo. Ha! Kidding. Not really.
Jokes aside, this salad was a filling meal with a ton of flavour.
Curry flavour, that is. Which, by the way, will be making a small hiatus here on the Honour System. Joe has declared that he is officially ‘curried out’ and since my goal is making meals we all can enjoy, I’m going lay off the curry. It’s OK, actually. Summer time is quickly approaching and the heat from the spices won’t be as needed. We’ll be feeling the 40 degree humidity soon enough.
So back to the curry. I stirred in into my mayo along with some turmeric and a pinch of sea salt.
Then it was onto the real star of this salad. Freshly chopped honey crisp apple. The pops of sweetness along with the creamy/spicy duo of the mayo dressing was killer.
Squeezing some fresh lime juice onto the apples first keeps them from browning all gross-like.
Stir everything together with some cooked chicken and dinner is served. I love the combo of curry with dill so I added a good amount of fresh chopped dill to this salad which was absolutely lovely and I highly recommend it.
Top this baby off with some slivered almonds for crunch. I served mine over greens, but it would be good as a wrap or sandwich also.
This salad is my hello to summer. Warm flavours with a sun coloured dressing. Enjoy. 🙂
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo with the dill, curry, turmeric, salt & pepper. Set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the chopped apples with the fresh lime juice. Add the chicken and onions and stir again. Pour in the dressing and stir well to coat the chicken and apples
- Serve over greens (or in a wrap or sandwich) topped with the slivered almonds