Carrot Date Muffins
Carrot Date Muffins. Using nature to sweeten these muffins is the key. Dates and carrots are all you need for delicious, healthy muffins. This recipe for Carrot Date Muffins also uses spelt flour which is far superior to the white stuff. A must try for baking!
Using dates as a natural sweetener is a great healthier eating hack. Check out this useful date syrup too! A homemade, whole food take on syrup that can replace the processed corn syrups you use in baking or on your pancakes.
CARROT DATE MUFFINS
I had an abundance of baby carrots in the fridge that needed to be used up so I grated some up and got to work baking muffins.
With my hand blender I mixed up the liquids.
Then I added in the carrots and chopped dates and mixed them in with the liquids.
In a separate bowl, I whisked together the dry ingredients.
Once the dry ingredients are blended, add them to the wet and mix until just combined.
Fill your lined muffin tin 3/4 full.
Pop them into the oven and wait with anticipation for 25 loooooooong minutes until they are baked. While you are waiting feel free to stand next to the oven inhaling the mouth watering aroma escaping from inside.
I would love to bottle that enticing scent. So very, very yummy.
Once the toothpick test comes out clean, let these babies rest for about 20 minutes. You will be rewarded for your patience.
You would never know that these muffins are of the healthy variety.
Compared to their cake-y, white flour and butter laden counterpart, these spelt flour and coconut oil based muffins stand up incredibly well.
Satisfying with just the right amount of sweetness. Your family will never know the difference:)
MORE HEALTHY MUFFIN RECIPES:
Carrot Cake Spelt Flour Muffins
Lemon Berry Quinoa Flour Muffins
*Originally posted June 20, 2013. Updated May 15, 2019*
Be sure to follow me on social media! I love pinning to Pinterest, sharing on Facebook and posting pics to Instagram. See you there. 🙂
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Carrot & Date Muffins
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil not hot
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 large dates finely chopped
- 10 baby carrots grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 3/4 cups spelt four
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line muffin tin with 12 liners
- Combine milk, vinegar, coconut oil, egg and vanilla by beating with an electric mixer
- Add in the chopped dates and grated carrots and mix again
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients
- Add them to the wet mixture and mix until just combined
- Scoop out the batter, filling muffin liners 3/4 full
- Bake for 25 minutes, checking that a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool on a rack for 20 minutes