Weekends are the perfect time for pancakes! This recipe for Coconut Flour Pancakes is a keeper. They are super fluffy and packed with protein. Gluten Free, Paleo and Keto friendly!
There’s something about pancakes that just sings the weekend, am I right?
Nobody makes pancakes on a Monday morning.
Their delicious, cakey goodness are almost always reserved for leisurely weekend breakfasts when one has the time to slice up some fresh fruit, brew a pot of coffee, and savour the experience.
COCONUT FLOUR PANCAKES
Well, maybe that’s just me because I love food.
I don’t think I’m alone though.
Eating tops a lot of people’s lists as their favourite thing to do. 🙂
So for this weekend, I thought I’d roll with Coconut Flour Pancakes.
I use a bunch of eggs in this recipe so they are packed with complete protein and using coconut milk makes these pancakes pretty decadent, while keeping them paleo friendly, if that’s your thing. They are also only 5 grams of carbs per serving so if you are counting that makes these coconut flour pancakes keto too!
I’m not big on labels anyways. 😉
TIPS FOR MAKING COCONUT FLOUR PANCAKES:
Working with coconut flour isn’t quite the same thing as traditional wheat flours, so don’t be scared if the batter looks a little more yellow and grainy than how you may be used to batter looking.
Don’t over mix the coconut flour batter either. Lumps aren’t really a bad thing when it comes to these pancakes. Just make sure the flour is incorporated and put down the spoon. This will help with the fluffiness.
Coconut Flour Pancakes don’t bubble on the top, so you have to check the underside every so often to see if they are ready to flip. I find that generally it is about 2-3 minutes per pancake.
I make six large pancakes out of this recipe.
You could easily make twelve smaller pancakes, slice up a ton of fresh fruit, pour on the maple syrup and you’ve got an awesome breakfast for four.
Try them next weekend! 🙂
MORE HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES:
*Originally posted June 29, 2015. Updated February 22, 2020*
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Weekends are the perfect time for pancakes! This recipe for Coconut Flour Pancakes is a keeper. They are super fluffy and packed with protein. Gluten Free!
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, liquid coconut oil and maple syrup. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, sea salt and baking soda
- Pour the egg mixture over the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Don't over mix
- Heat a large skillet to medium-ish heat and melt some coconut oil in the pan
- Use either 1/4 cup or 2 tablespoons to measure the batter (small or large pancakes)
- *Coconut flour pancakes wont bubble on the top so be on the lookout for the edges to brown and lift the side of the pancake slightly to watch for the flip.
I find 2-3 minutes per side is good
- Serve immediately with fresh cut fruit and maple syrup