This Green Juice Recipe features cucumber, celery, and dark leafy greens. It is the BEST green juice recipe for beginners with a sweet punch from some green grapes.
GREEN JUICE RECIPE
Inspired by a Netflix documentary, this mean green juice recipe was one of the first fresh juice recipes I concocted when I purchased my juicer. My version isn’t quite as mean with the very nice addition of sweet green grapes.
Green juice benefits are many! Treating your body to a super green juice recipe may:
- reduce inflammation
- improve digestion
- increase energy
- build immunity
- hydrate the body
GREEN JUICE INGREDIENTS
- romaine leaves
- kale leaves
- green grapes
Juicing is also a useful way to get rid of whatever veggies might be languishing in your fridge. The last stalks of celery leftover from the soup you made, lettuce you meant to have in a salad, etc.
HOW TO MAKE GREEN JUICE
Juicing is pretty easy. Prep all of your ingredients and pass them through the juicer.
My favourite part is juicing the kale. There is something about the aroma that wafts up from the juicer as it pulverized the leaves. Pure kale. I love the earthy, green smell. Close second? Tossing in the grapes and watching them bounce around like the ball at a bingo hall.
Strain the foam from the top and enjoy that juice!
FAQ’S, TIPS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Is green juice really good for you? Of COURSE, it is. Check out the amazing amount of vitamins in this drink in the nutrition info in the recipe card of this post.
- What is the healthiest green juice? The ones with the lowest sugar content would be the absolute healthiest – like this one without the grapes. BUT – I drink this juice frequently because the grapes balance the seriousness of the greens. Haha. The healthiest green juice is the one you will actually drink. 😉
- Does green juice make you lose weight? It all depends on the rest of your diet. You can’t have green juice for breakfast and Doritos for dinner. Trust me, I’ve tried that! It does not work. If you want to do a juice cleanse for 3-4 days to jump-start your weight loss, it is effective.
- What is the best time to drink green juice? For all of the nutrients to be absorbed it is best to drink green juice on an empty stomach.
- TIP! Serve the juice over ice. Maybe this is a personal opinion but I love my drinks on the rocks. I find the mean green juice less mean with some ice in my drink. 😉
- TIP! Rinse the juicer pieces right away. It is SO much easier to clean when the juice has just been made. Once it has time to dry, cleaning the blades and screens, etc. can be difficult so it’s best to quickly run them under the tap and you’re done. I do it while I chill my juice over ice.
- Substitute lemon and apple for the green grapes for an extra-low sugar and super alkalizing version.
MORE HEALTHY FRESH JUICE RECIPES:
Originally published July 7, 2014. Updated February 9, 2021.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Green Juice Recipe features cucumber, celery, and dark leafy greens. It is the BEST green juice recipe for beginners with a sweet punch from green grapes.
- 5 romaine leaves
- 5 kale leaves
- 1 cucumber peeled
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 cup green grapes
Rinse all ingredients to prepare them for the juicer.
Start with the leafy greens and pass them through the juicer then add the cucumber, parsley, celery, and green grapes.
Strain the foam and serve over ice, if desired.