This Minted Grapefruit Juice is a refreshing and energizing drink with tons of immune boosting vitamin C and powerful antioxidants.
Juice, juice, juice! If you haven’t noticed I am still loving my juicer. I would definitely say it was worth the investment.
I start almost every morning with this carrot and orange juice and new creations are made weekly.
This particular concoction was born due to the fact that I actually don’t love grapefruit. I don’t hate them, I just don’t love them.
However, grapefruit juice is sooo good for you.
Benefits of fresh grapefruit juice:
- chockfull of vitamin C which, among many other things, is helpful to your body in absorbing iron
- a good source of lycopene, associated with lower risk of cardiovascular disease
- contains tryptophan, the compound in turkey that makes you feel relaxed, so sipping it before bed can help you sleep
If those are the benefits, I’m interested.
So what can take that bitter edge off of these grapefruits. I know that they are pretty awesome coated in sugar but that’s not what I’m trying to achieve here. This is not dessert.
Then it came to me. Mint!
Well, it came to me because I had a bunch of mint leftover from the dressing for a Greek Salad I had made earlier in the week and was on it’s last legs. that’s one of the best things about having a juicer.
No more fruit or veggies tossed out because we haven’t gotten around to eating them and now they maybe aren’t quite fresh enough. Toss ’em into the juicer and nothing goes to waste.
MINTED GRAPEFRUIT JUICE
So mint and grapefruit it is. I threw in a whole bunch of mint and three big, ruby grapefruits.
The result was refreshment at it’s best.
Let’s start with the colour.
The most delicate, pale pink you could imagine. I’m a lover of pink and died a little over this juice. So pretty. Like a juice for a princess.
It’s a delightful juice, packed with nutrition.
And … it’s pink.
Looking for more juice recipes?
*Originally posted July 18, 2014. February 8, 2019*
- 3 large ruby grapefruit cut in half
- 1/2 bunch mint approx. 2 cups
- Pass the ingredients through a juicer, starting with the mint ( a good quality juicer should be able to handle the grapefruit peel)
- Serve over ice