This Creamy Baked Parmesan Chicken makes for a delicious dinner. Pair it up with some herbed rice and a salad for a satisfying, gluten free meal.
I know what you’re asking yourself. Creamy Baked Parmesan Chicken? How can that be healthy? This is a so-called ‘healthy’ website, right?
I’ll let you in on a little secret. You can eat SO many delicious things. The only rules you need to follow are the ones you set yourself. It’s my whole philosophy with the Honour System. Living in a world of green smoothies and oatmeal 100% of the time is not realistic for me or for my household. We enjoy things like cheese, mayo, meat, potatoes, eggs, bread, you name it. I do source out the organic and non GMO varieties of all these things or, as in the case of the mayo, make it myself.
With anything that you intend to succeed at long term, it HAS to be something you enjoy. Why expect anything less with your diet and lifestyle? Yes, you have to eat your veggies, drink the water, get exercise and rest. But you also have to taste, savour and relish.
So indulge your sweet tooth. Just make it something like this Chocolate Hazelnut Torte.
Or is it creamy, cheesy deliciousness you’re after?
If that’s the case you came to the right spot. There is nothing BUT that here. 🙂
This baked chicken dish was also a huge hit with the man of the house, and I think that kids would like it too. Anything bubbling with smothered cheese brings smiles to faces young and old. 😉
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 cup mayo (you could sub plain yogurt)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt & fresh pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 and spray a 8x8 oven proof casserole dish (I use a coconut oil spray). Place the breast in the dish and season with sea salt and fresh pepper. Set aside
- In a bowl mix together the onions, mayo, parmesan cheese and garlic powder
- Add an even dollop of the cheese mixture to each chicken breast and spread it evenly to fully cover the surface of the chicken
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through with no pink