This Garlic Maple Dijon Chicken is one of those ‘instant staples’. Gluten free and full of flavour, this recipe balances sweet heat to perfection.
Who doesn’t love a quick and easy dinner of chicken with rice and/or salad?
There are endless options with so many delicious ingredients that can be used to create yummy, yummy chicken. My tried and true Chili Lime Chicken is always a popular option, but I also like a hint of sweet and spicy and thought some mustard and maple would do the trick.
And to kick it into high gear? Garlic. I love me some garlic. 🙂
GARLIC MAPLE DIJON CHICKEN
I hope you’ve been enjoying the posts about my trip with my day at the lake and the discovery of a secret gallery behind Victoria’s Il Covo Trattoria. As a typical over planner/obsessor, I had an activity scheduled for almost every hour of my trip. There were times where the activity was sit-on-the-beach-and-do-nothing but still, planned. Needless to say, there are a few more stories to tell so stay tuned! I have a couple of more posts planned.
But first! Chicken.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC MAPLE DIJON CHICKEN
Add a whole lotta garlic to some olive oil and heat lightly to infuse the flavours.
To that, I add the Dijon mustard and a bit of heat.
Cayenne to be exact. Just a pinch, mind you. That sh$t’s hot. 😉
Some maple syrup to balance the heat and a bit of parsley for a pop of colour and now you’re ready to make some amazingly good chicken.
Scoring the top of the breast lightly with a knife and sprinkling some sea salt and fresh pepper directly onto your chicken are a couple of great ways to really bring out the best in your bird.
It emerges from the oven glistening and juicy looking. Tender and full of sweet heat.
I thought you may enjoy a ‘non-styled’ look at my meal.
Usually I impress the man of the house with my fancy, Foodgawker worthy plate and mine ends up being portioned out onto whichever random plate isn’t dirty.
The leftover sauce in the bottom of my baking dish was spooned onto some brown rice, then promptly inhaled.
It was also very good cold, sliced up with some cheese and bread as a sandwich.
Any way you like it. Garlic Maple Dijon Chicken. So yummy.
*Originally posted August 4, 2014. Updated November 16, 2018*
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon olive oil + 1 1/2 tsp for the baking dish
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- freshly ground pepper and herbamere or sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° and coat a baking dish large enough for the 4 chicken breasts to lay flat by brushing with olive oil
- In small sauce pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium low heat. Add the minced garlic and stir, cooking until very lightly browned and tender
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and mustard. Add in the spices and stir
- Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish, sprinkle with herbamere and freshly ground pepper. Cover chicken with the garlic mustard mixture
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until there is no pink in the centre. Cooking time varies depending on the size of your chicken