Sometimes life gets a little hectic and eggs for dinner is about all the effort I can muster. Not that it’s a bad thing, of course. I happen to love eggs and all of their protein goodness. This is the most simple recipe and the results are a satisfying dinner. Or breakfast, I guess! Whatever floats your boat:)
All you need are 3 simple ingredients: eggs (duh), chives, and a pat of butter.
Melt the butter over medium/low heat in a small skillet. I use a ratio of 1 tablespoon of butter to 3 eggs. Meanwhile, give your eggs a good whisk and add a good pinch of sea salt. Pour your eggs into the skillet and with a spatula, move around the pan clockwise, pushing the eggs toward the centre. Large curds will begin to form. I don’t like my eggs runny at all so I keep pushing the eggs to the centre until they are cooked through and fluffy.
Lucky for me, I have chives growing in my wee garden, so I snipped a big bunch onto my freshly scrambled eggs. Eggs pair beautifully with a nice green salad dressed in a simple balsamic dressing. I thoroughly enjoy this meal and have it frequently. It takes no time at all, minimal clean up, and made of healthy whole ingredients. Boom!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chives snipped in to small pieces
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Melt the butter over medium low heat in a small skillet
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a small bowl and add a pinch of sea salt
- Pour eggs into skillet and with a spatula, push the eggs towards the centre working in a clockwise motion
- Continue this until large curds begin to form and the eggs are cooked all the way through
- Snip chives over top and season to taste with fresh pepper