Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice is a great alternative to take out! Using pre-riced cauliflower and leftover rotisserie chicken makes this even faster than delivery. Gluten Free and Paleo.
Making “rice” from cauliflower is something I’ve seen floating around the healthy eating community for awhile now.
It’s not like I’ve been wary of it, I’m a huge fan of cauliflower, but just never seemed to get around to actually making it.
Let me tell you, I’m so glad I finally did. Even Mr. Skeptic (aka the man of the house) ate two bowls for dinner and crushed the leftovers the next day.
Point proven, this is freaking good. 😉
Making the Chicken & Cauliflower Fried “Rice” is pretty easy to boot.
Cut the head of cauliflower into florets and use you blender or food processor to break it down into rice sized pieces and that is it!
I already had some cooked chicken in the fridge, making this even simpler.
TIP! You can even buy cauliflower already riced in some produce aisles, so check out your local store.
Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
A good tip is to pick up a rotisserie chicken from your grocery store, pick all of the meat off of it and store it in the fridge for salads, soups or quick dinners.
Pre-cooked chickens are almost the same price as the raw ones, so it’s a no-brainer. I can buy organic rotisserie chickens at my local store, so check around in your area.
Another thing, I picked up at Goodness Me! was a bottle of Coconut Aminos.
If you haven’t heard of it, prepare to have you life changed. 😉
Made from the sap of the coconut tree, coconut aminos is a soy-like condiment that is totally sugar free. The taste is out of this world and was pretty much all I needed to use to season this Chicken & Cauliflower Fried “Rice”.
Highly recommended. The bottle has a ten dollar price tag which is worth paying for.
Everything gets all cozy in your skillet.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE – Step by Step Images
This also reheats well the next day! I love meals that make great leftovers.
It’s like cooking once but being rewarded for it twice.
I just love rewards! 🙂
Have a great week, everyone!
OTHER HEALTHY FRIED RICE RECIPES:
*Originally posted May 4, 2015. Updated February 28, 2019
Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice is a great alternative to take out! Using pre-riced cauliflower and leftover rotisserie chicken makes this even faster than delivery.
- 1 small head of cauliflower *or use already riced cauliflower*
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup each of diced celery & red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
- 3 tbsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 cooked chicken breast chopped into bite sized pieces
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Working in batches, pulse the florets in a food processor (a blender should work too) until they resemble the size of rice. Set aside
- In a large skillet heat 1 tsp. of toasted sesame oil over medium heat. Scramble the eggs, then transfer them to a chopping board and give them a quick, rough chop. Set aside
- Wipe out the skillet, add a tbsp. of toasted sesame oil and return to the medium heat. Sauté the onion, carrots, celery & peppers until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for another minute. Add the cauliflower "rice' and stir very well. Lower the heat to medium low, cover the skillet and cook until the "rice" is tender, about 5-8 minutes
- Uncover and stir in the chopped eggs, chives, cooked chicken and coconut aminos
- Serve warm