If you are avoiding added sweeteners this Paleo Granola recipe has no sugar! It does have lots of toasted seeds and crunchy nuts and tastes like banana bread – only much healthier.
Have you wondered about the paleo diet? Is paleo granola healthy? Well, I’m not a huge fan of the Paleo diet firstly because I need grains in my life and I also believe in a more balanced approach to eating healthy, but I do like the concept of limiting sugar.
These little bites are healthy paleo breakfast snacks or a sugar free treat you can pack with you while at work or on a hike.
Is there a healthy granola? There sure as heck is!
This time I added in some coconut and chia seeds to switch things up a bit. I also used super ripe bananas which added to the natural sweetness.
If you’re anything like me, these black bananas always seem in abundance.
Healthy fats, like in the nuts and seeds that make up the majority of this Paleo Granola, are the best for a satisfying snack.
Passing up on the cookies, etc. is so much easier when you have a little baggie of these on hand.
Great to tote with you to work or school so you are prepared with something nutritious yet, interesting. Nothing is worse than a boring, healthy snack, am I right?
HOW DO YOU MAKE SUGAR FREE GRANOLA
Gather your ingredients and get ready! Here is what you need to make the healthiest granola:
- chia seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- ground flaxseed
- unsweetened coconut
- ripe bananas
- sea salt
Also, I highly recommend toasting your nuts first. Check out this HOW TO TOAST NUTS ON THE STOVETOP for an easy tutorial. It is super simple but really elevates the taste of the granola.
I love the look of this bowl full of textures and flavours. So inviting!
But, we quickly go from beauty queen to ugly duckling once the blended eggs and bananas get mixed in.
Not so pretty!
But, fear not! Once your oven works its magic on the toasted nutty mixture, it will taste like warm banana bread with lots of crunch.
Just wait until your kitchen fills with the aroma while it bakes away in the oven.
This Paleo Granola is for both of your senses of smell and taste. A little gift to them from me.
Wait for ten minutes for it to cool in the pan and then break it into clusters!
You can enjoy this as breakfast as it is or add some to a bowl and pour some yummy homemade hemp milk over top! Personally, I snack on this recipe. I like to keep it in a glasslock container and serve myself a little dish when I feel peckish.
It is a satisfying treat if I am avoiding sugars!
MORE HEALTHY GRANOLA RECIPES
Orginally posted March 20, 2015. Updated November 26, 2020.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Paleo Granola – Sugar Free
- Heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If you wanted to toast the nuts first I highly recommend it for flavour. I have a post on how to toast nuts on a stove top if you need it.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the chopped nuts, seeds, coconut, and almond flour and set aside.
- Place the bananas, the egg, vanilla, and sea salt in the blender and blend for about 30 seconds, or until it is smooth with no lumps left.
- Pour the banana mixture over the nut mixture and stir well until everything is incorporated.
- Empty the bowl onto the lined baking sheet and spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until it is fully browned on top.
- Let the granola cool on the pan for 10 minutes before breaking it into bite-sized clusters.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container or Ziploc bag for up to three days.