I’m not big into the Paleo diet because I need grains in my life, but I do like the concept of limiting sugar. For me it’s one of the easiest things for me to give up if I’m doing a cleanse or something like that. Cheese, not so much. 😉
This is actually a spin on this granola I made a few months back when I did The Twelve Days of Detox. I added in some coconut and chia seeds to switch things up a bit. I also used super ripe bananas which added to the sweetness. If you’re anything like me, these always seem in abundance.
Healthy fats, like in the nuts and seeds that make up the majority of this Paleo Granola, are the best for a satisfying snack. Passing up on the cookies, etc. is so much easier when you have a little baggie of these on hand. Great to tote with you to work or school so you are prepared with something nutritious yet, interesting. Nothing is worse than a boring, healthy snack, am I right?
I love the look of this bowl full of textures and flavours. So inviting!
But, we quickly go from beauty queen to ugly duckling once the blended eggs and bananas get mixed in.
But, fear not! It tastes like warm banana bread with lots of crunch.
Just wait until your kitchen fills with the aroma while it bakes away in the oven. Seriously. This Paleo Granola is for the senses of smell and taste. A little gift to them from me. xxoo
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the first eight ingredients (all the dry) and set aside
- Place the bananas, the egg, vanilla and sea salt in the blender and blend for about 60 seconds, until there no lumps left
- Pour the banana mixture over the nut mixture and stir well until everything is incorporated
- Empty the bowl onto the lined baking sheet and spread the mixture evenly
- Bake for 15 minutes, take out of the oven and using a spatula, flip it over. I break it into four and flip each individually
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes until browned
- Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes before breaking it into bite sized pieces
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container