These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies have the classic chewy, soft texture you love. This easy recipe is the BEST for allergies. Besides being glutenfree it is also dairy free. Using coconut sugar as a sweetener is a healthy – ish substitute.
Next to chocolate chip, there is no cookie more classic than the immortal peanut butter cookie.
Its timeless crisscross pattern, the hint of saltiness, the unmistakable crispy, yet chewy texture.
Craving cookies yet?
GLUTEN FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Here’s a flourless version that is also free of refined sugars.
No butter, no oil.
It’s a tasty treat you can make for your family without guilt and it’s easy to prepare. The only challenge is not burning them. This cookie dough is one of those where the difference between perfectly cooked and dismally burnt amounts to the time span of about 1 minute. 🙂 Hate that!
So keep your eyes on them and you will be rewarded with a really nice little peanut butter cookie.
I like to use chunky peanut butter for these cookies to give it some texture with the tiny pieces of peanut.
It’s also good to use a fresh container as it is much easier to mix when the peanut butter is drippy.
I use coconut sugar for the sweetener.
I’ve used coconut sugar before in and I find it a really good sub for brown sugar in baked goods.
Mix the peanut butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and stir. Then add the remaining ingredients and stir until everything is well combined.
Once your dough is mixed well, roll it into balls onto 2 parchment lined baking sheets. This recipe will make 2 dozen cookies, so the balls should be about 1 inch in size.
HOW TO MAKE THE CRISSCROSS PATTERN
Gently press a fork down on the top of each ball and slowly slide it off.
Do this again in the opposite direction to make the crisscross pattern.
Pop them into your preheated oven for 7-9 minutes.
Watch them carefully!
Mine are perfect at 7 minutes but I think my oven runs hot.
Right out of the oven, give them each a little sprinkle of sea salt.
These are tasty little devils and will not last long. 🙂
MORE GLUTEN FREE COOKIE RECIPES:
Originally posted June 17, 2013. Updated May 23, 2020
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl stir together peanut butter and coconut sugar
- Add in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda and stir until well combined
- Roll balls, about 1 inch in size, onto parchment lined baking sheets. You should have 12 balls on each baking sheet
- Gently make a criss cross pattern on each ball with a fork
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, rotating the baking sheets at the halfway point
- Watch them carefully so they don't burn
- Sprinkle each cookie with a bit of sea salt
- Allow to the cookies to cool slightly then transfer to a baking rack
- Store in a sealed container for up to a week