We’ve got an awesome treat to share with you! This Honey Roasted Peanuts recipe is super easy and requires just a handful of ingredients. Enjoy either straight from the bowl or sprinkled over salads, desserts, and a whole lot more.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Honey Roasted Peanuts are definitely a favorite snack around The Honour System household. If you like crunchy nut snacks, check out these Texas Glazed Pecans, Candied Cashews, or these Spicy Rosemary Almonds with cayenne pepper.
Why YOU will love this recipe
- Homemade recipes like this allow you to control the quality of the ingredients so the result is fresher with much more flavor. You can also add that uniquely special ingredient – love. Don’t underestimate it!
- It is fun to create a personal, homemade gift for loved ones using these yummy, sweet peanuts.
- This recipe is really customizable. The honey-roasting technique can be used for all of your favorite nuts such as almonds, cashews, and walnuts. Simply adjust the roasting time based on the size and type of nuts you’re using.
- These roasted peanuts are naturally gluten-free. Bonus!
- peanuts – You will need raw, unsalted, and skinned peanuts.
- honey – We recommend local honey! You could also use maple syrup if you want a different flavor and/or a vegan snack.
- coconut oil – Typically for cooking or baking we use refined coconut oil as it doesn’t taste ‘coconutty’. You can also substitute butter – it works great too.
- coconut sugar – This is our choice of natural sweetener for that sweet, crispy coating. Brown sugar can be substituted instead.
- sea salt – Because we put a pinch of fine sea salt in almost everything we make!
- baking pan – We use a 9 x 13 roasting pan with a rimmed edge, which makes it so much easier to stir the peanuts while roasting.
- big bowl – for mixing the nuts in after roasting.
- wooden spoon – a favorite kitchen tool for generations.
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom for the FULL recipe details.
First, start by preheating the oven. Then grease the baking pan – we use a coconut oil cooking spray – and set it aside.
Then, add the honey, coconut oil, and sea salt in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
It’s nice you can control the sodium in this peanuts recipe too! We use just one teaspoon salt.
Stir the honey mixture and let the coconut oil or butter melt.
Next, remove from the heat and add the nuts to the pot.
Give it all a good stir and coat the peanuts well.
Then, pour the contents of the pot into the prepared baking sheet.
Spread the peanuts into an even layer.
Next, bake for thirty minutes, taking the rimmed baking sheet out every 10 minutes to give the mixture a stir. Doing this ensures nothing sticks to the pan or burns.
It also lets you sample the goods while you work.
Perks of being the cook!
Finally, once they are roasted to a nice golden brown take them out of the oven and place peanuts in a large mixing bowl.
Sprinkle them with coconut sugar and toss the roasted nuts to absorb all the goodness.
Leave them in the bowl to cool, stirring them every so often so it doesn’t form one huge clump.
Avoid overcrowding the baking sheet, as this can lead to uneven roasting, so use a pan large enough.
If you have a large batch of peanuts, you might consider roasting them in batches.
- Spin this recipe into homemade peanut butter by adding them to a food processor. This is a real treat and makes a great homemade gift.
- Zest it up with a spice mixture by adding seasonings like chili powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, or even chipotle powder.
- These peanuts make a fantastic homemade gift! Place them in a cute glass jar and add a ribbon, bow and/or a fun tag. Homemade gifts are always so appreciated.
- Add some to a small bowl and place it on a charcuterie board. These peanuts are always hit when hosting friends.
- A delicious addition to vanilla ice cream, banana nice cream, or peach sorbet.
- Try tossing these oven-roasted peanuts into an arugula salad for a crunchy texture.
Also, because we use coconut oil and coconut sugar we feel this recipe is less processed than Planters honey roasted peanuts or some other store-bought version that no doubt uses refined sweeteners.
Keep in mind that honey and coconut sugar increase the sugar content, so enjoy them in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
While it’s possible to use pre-roasted peanuts, it’s generally better to start with raw peanuts. This ensures that the honey coating is evenly absorbed during the roasting process, resulting in a better flavor and texture.
After roasting and cooling completely, store the honey-roasted peanuts in an airtight container at room temperature. Store in a cool, dry place to help maintain their freshness and crunchiness.
Store in the sealed container for up to a week.
More roasted nuts recipes
**This recipe was originally posted on March 11, 2015, updated on September 18, 2019, and on December 1, 2021, and again on August 29, 2023, with recipe notes, writing, and photos.**
If you’ve tried our honey peanuts, please rate the recipe and let us know how it turned out by leaving us a comment below. We’re always interested in feedback!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Spray a 9 x 13 with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt together the honey, coconut oil, and sea salt until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanuts, coating them well.
- Pour into the prepared dish and roast for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so to make sure they aren't burning or sticking.
- Pour roasted nuts into a large bowl and toss with the coconut sugar again, coating them well.
- Leave the nuts in the bowl to cool completely, about 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes to make sure they don't clump together.
- After roasting and cooling completely, store the honey-roasted peanuts in an airtight container at room temperature. Store in a cool, dry place to help maintain their freshness and crunchiness.
- Store in the sealed container for up to a week.