These Candied Cashews are naturally sweetened using pure maple syrup. This recipe is perfect for the holidays when you are searching for a sweet, yet wholesome snack to have for guests. Vegan and gluten free makes it friendly for most diets!
I really got into cashews when I did the Whole 30 in April.
I made more than one batch of these Toasted Cashew Bars and loved every minute of eating them. 😉
These maple Candied Cashews are what I would classify as a treat more than snack. A batch made to share. Indulging in things that are candied are totally allowed in my opinion.
I’m not a big fan of the crap churned out by food manufacturers.
You know the ones with chemical BS masquerading as food.
Yeah, those candied treats. Avoid those.
These beauties feature the realness of maple syrup and sweetness of coconut sugar.
Add in the star of the show, organic cashews.
Check out your bulk section for deals!
This recipe is sweet and salty with a touch of buttery. Oh, and it’s real food. Every. single. ingredient. They are like butter toffee cashews and they are amazing. How does that sound?
The wonderful thing about cashews is they are buttery all on their own. It makes for an easy vegan candy cashew recipe! It is always nice to have vegan and gluten free options on hand, especially during the holiday seasons. There is usually someone who has an allergy or special diet and it is nice to be able to accommodate them.
Just a few minutes to prep the sugary sweet coating and a few minutes more to toast them up all crunchy-like. Yum. Just … yum. 😉
Like I said, these are nice to share. Put out a couple of small bowls after dinner, with a nice coffee or tea and you just may make some new friends.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
MORE HEALTHY CASHEW RECIPES:
*Originally posted July 10, 2015. Updated November 1, 2019
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Candied Cashews - Vegan, Gluten Free
- Heat your oven to 325, line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and sea salt. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cashews and toss well to coat the nuts
- Spread the cashews evenly out on the lined baking sheet and pop in the oven
- Roast the cashews for 10-12 minutes, stirring after 8 minutes or so. Watch for any hot spots and make sure you don't burn your nuts!
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-12 minutes
- Serve immediately or store sealed for up to a week at room temperature