Vanilla Cashew Protein Bars
These mouthwatering Maple Vanilla Cashew Protein Bars not only keep you full and satisfied they are also super delicious. Creamy cashews and vanilla protein powder combine with sweet, pure maple syrup and luscious salted dark chocolate to make for one really enjoyable snack.
These yummy Vanilla Cashew Protein Bars are a true reward! Each bite is positively blissful.
Cashew nuts are just such a decadent treat and these bars are a tasty way to showcase their goodness. Cashews and coconut make up the base, naturally sweetened with maple syrup and the topping is a thick layer of dark chocolate, made all velvety and lush by melting it together with coconut oil.
A dusting of flaked sea salt on top is the ultimate finale.
VANILLA CASHEW PROTEIN BARS
These bars a perfect solution for that snack attack that hits you mid morning or afternoon.
You know the one. 😉
Your tummy starts rumblin’ and you want something quick! It’s too early for a meal and these bars are the perfect size for tying you over until lunch or dinner.
The protein is key for satiation.
I stock up on things like cashews in the bulk section of my grocery store. That way I have the specific amount that I need and nothing is going to waste. You can also bring your own bags to lessen your environmental impact when shopping.
Every little bit helps!
WHY MAKE HOMEMADE PROTEIN BARS?
Protein Bars are easy to find on your store shelves, why make them at home?
Firstly, who knows how long those bars have been sitting in that plastic casing just getting all old. I want my food to be the freshest it can be.
Let’s cut down on all of this waste while we’re at it. The world definitely doesn’t need more garbage and not tossing protein bar wrappers in the trash every day could be a great contribution.
Secondly, what are IN those bars?
Some are great, like larabars for instance.
Others are not so great. They boast such ingredients as sugar or high fructose corn syrup, carrageenan, soy, sugar alcohols, and other synthetic additives.
No weird ingredients here.
The quality is totally in our control!
This simple protein bar recipe is great for meal prep! You will be looking forward to this treat all week.
Want to try protein DONUTS? I say yes! Check out these Collagen Donuts from my friend Shelby at Fit as a Mama Bear. <3
MORE PROTEIN SNACK RECIPES:
Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Protein Balls
Chocolate Almond Protein Cookies
*Originally posted May 15, 2013. Updated February 23, 2020*
Be sure to follow me on social media! I love pinning to Pinterest, sharing on Facebook and posting pics to Instagram. See you there. 🙂
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Maple Vanilla Cashew Protein Bars
- 1 1/4 cups cashews
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil melted but not hot
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
For the topping
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder good quality cocoa powder is fine
- flaked sea salt for sprinkling. Any sea salt is fine
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside
- Add cashews to a food processor and process until they are broken down and tacky to the touch
- Add the old fashioned oats, liquid coconut oil, protein powder, maple syrup and sea salt to the cashew mixture and process again until it forms a dough
- Transfer the mixture to your parchment lined pan and press it in really well. Put the pan in the freezer
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, stir together the topping ingredients until it is smooth.
- Take the cashew base out of the freezer and pour the chocolate topping evenly over top. Sprinkle with sea salt
- Freeze for one hour
- Take out of the freezer and slice into 8 bars or 16 squares
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer for up to a week