Crispy Chewy Peanut Butter Brown Rice Balls. Whew…what a mouthful!
And by mouthful I mean both the name of this recipe and the fact that this treat is the perfect mouthful:) If you are looking for a good boost of energy before a workout or a quick sweet snack these are for you.
These little balls of whole grain goodness are quick to whip up and have a short ingredient list.
Mix together peanut butter, brown rice syrup and vanilla in a small saucepan.
Heat until the ingredients are blended together and become liquid-y.
In the meantime measure out your puffed brown rice into a mixing bowl.
Pour the contents of the saucepan over the puffed rice and mix well.
Form the mixture into balls and and store in the fridge. They stay nice and chewy!
These balls are the bomb! Like I said earlier they are the perfect ‘little something’ to have before a workout as they aren’t heavy and are a good form of slow releasing energy that will keep you moving. I’d also recommend them for a afternoon pick me up when you find yourself looking for something sweet. My picky fella loves these balls and that is a strong seal of approval;) I would think they’d be great for kids lunches as well.
This recipe makes approximately 14 ping pong ball sized balls and I can assure you they won’t last long:)
Yields 14 balls
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 cups puffed brown rice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Stir together peanut butter, brown rice syrup and vanilla and heat over medium low heat, stirring frequently.
- When peanut butter mixture is blended and melted together pour over puffed brown rice and mix well.
- Form into ping pong ball sized balls and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.